The Ibero-American Journal of Nursing Education and Research is an on-line scientific publication with articles published through the arbitration of expert evaluators. The journal will consider for publication those articles mainly associated with nursing education and research, particularly in the Ibero-American setting, that have not been published in other media, and can be framed within its different sections.
Articles must adjust to the following guidelines mandatorily, and will be evaluated based on:
- The title of the article must express its contents.
- The abstract summarizes the required elements: introduction, methodology, results, discussion and conclusions.
- Consistence of the objectives with the development of the topic.
- Grounds for the topic and, if any, association with nursing theory.
- Logical consistence throughout the article.
- Congruence of the theoretical and empirical framework with the bibliography (relevant and updated)
- Contribution to the nursing discipline.
The languages of the journal are Spanish and Portuguese, and articles can be submitted in both.
All articles accepted will become the permanent property of ALADEFE, and cannot be partially or completely reproduced without their authorization. No articles published or simultaneously submitted to other journal will be accepted, and the author must declare this fact in the letter of introduction for the article.
RULES FOR SUBMISSION
Articles will be submitted to the journal with a letter of introduction where the authors declare that:
- The article is original.
– It has not been previously published in any other media.
– It has not been submitted simultaneously to any other journal.
– In case of presentation at any scientific meeting, this fact must be expressly stated.
- All authors have contributed intellectually towards its preparation.
- There are no potential conflicts of interest in terms of writing the article or in the research conducted.
- If relevant, all current ethical and legal rules have been met, regarding the rights of those persons included in the research.
Likewise, if there has been any conflict of interest or not.
- All authors have read and approved the final version of the manuscript submitted.
- In case of article publication, all rights will be transferred from the author to the publisher, to edit, publish, reproduce, distribute copies, prepare derived articles in printed, electronic or multimedia format, and to include the article in national and international indexes and databases.
The letter will include the name of the author/s, as well as their affiliation and contact e-mail address, at least for the main author.
Overall, the articles must not exceed 4,500 words (originals, reviews, management, and techniques and procedures), and 1,000-1,500 for Letters to the Editor and Editorial Articles.
Articles will be allowed four illustrations as a maximum, as well as six signing parties (four in the case of Letters to the Editor).
Text processing will be conducted by computer, using Microsoft Word or a compatible program (New Roman font, size 12, single spacing). Each part of the manuscript will be started on a new page, in the following order:
- Title: The title of the article must appear in its first page; it will be stated in the following languages: Spanish, Portuguese and English.
This part must include the name of the author/s, as well as their professional positions and a contact e-mail address.
- The text of the article will appear in the following pages, with its sections clearly divided; also, in the case of original or review articles, an abstract must be included, that shall not exceed 250 words, as well as between 5 and 7 key words, using descriptors such as DeCs or MeSH. Both the abstract and the key words will be mandatorily written in Spanish, Portuguese and English. It is recommended to be careful in terms of a correct translation.
- Bibliographical references. These will be presented according to the Vancouver Rules. Any abbreviation for journal names must follow the style used at Index Medicus and the Nursing Index, for those journals included in both indexes. It is recommended that quotes should not have been published more than 5-7 years ago, and that at least 15-20 references are included. In the case of integrative or systematized reviews, these should be around 40.
- Any photographs, graphs, drawings and diagrams must be sent in a separate file. These will be included in JPG format with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi and compressed in a ZIP file. Photographs must be original, and their authorship must be stated; its author must transfer the right to use them so that they can be published on-line. One photograph, graph, drawing or diagram will be included per file, stating its number and title. Additionally, if the title is very long and there are many figures, a Word document can be attached, stating: name of the file and number and title of the relevant figure.
- Tables must be submitted in a separate file; they will be presented in Word format, Times New Roman font and 12 point size, including one table per page. Additionally, the numbering of the table must be attached, with Arabic numerals and the text of the relevant title.
The Editorial Board will acknowledge receiving the articles submitted to the journal, and will inform about their acceptance. In order to facilitate contact with the authors during the edition process, it is mandatory to state an electronic mail address, at least for the main author.
Articles will be submitted to the Ibero-American Journal of Nursing Education and Research, to the following e-mail address:
Submission of an article implies acceptation by the author of these publication guidelines, and authorization by the author to the company publishing this journal, Difusión de Avances en Enfermería (DAE), to publish all materials submitted, including photographs.
Articles with the objective of describing a research activity on nursing care, its training or research, providing or demonstrating new knowledge, and which mandatorily should comply with the structure of a scientific article as accepted by the international scientific community. Research articles must include the sections included in this type of articles:
- Title: It must be explanatory, concise and clear.
- Abstract: with the following sections: objective/s, methodology used (study subjects, methods, observations and analysis), results and conclusions.
- Introduction: Stating the study objectives and the basis justifying its relevance, as well as the essential elements or conceptual framework for understanding the article, if any. The method used for bibliography search must be stated, using DeCS or MeSH descriptors.
- Methodology: Subjects and methods; the way in which the study has been conducted must be detailed here.
- Results: The most relevant data will be stated, both positive and negative.
- Discussion: In this section, inferences of any study findings must be discussed, as well as the limitations of the study.
- Conclusions, if any.
- Acknowledgements: It will be possible for the authors to thank different persons or institutions that have collaborated in the study in one way or another.
- Bibliographic references: According to the Vancouver Rules.
- Reference to the ethical rules observed and any conflicts of interest.
Articles based on analysis, comparison, interpretation and adaptation to a specific situation of the existing bibliography about a certain topic on which the author or authors can contribute with their personal experience. In these reviews, authors must structure their articles with an introduction, the methodology and strategy of search, the explanation of the topic analyzed, the conclusions about the most important elements of said explanation, and the bibliography used.
Occasionally, analysis articles can be accepted for publication on some topic with general educational interest, or about highly topical methodology aspects. The main objective of this type of articles is to shape reader opinion about an outstanding matter, generally of reference in the setting of nursing education, research, or management.
The article can have 1,500 characters as a maximum, and the presentation of the text must follow the general rules (title, abstract and key words in the three languages, letter of introduction, references). The following plan of contents is suggested:
- Presentation and analysis of the topic.
Letters to the Editor
This section includes all communications that readers want to conduct with the journal regarding articles previously published, as well as those research studies, clinical cases, reviews, or contributions to some topic of interest for nurses that can be summarized in a brief text. Within this section, the authors can raise awareness among the readers of the Ibero-American Journal of Nursing Education and Research about those reflections, comments or findings that can provide information on some topic associated with overall healthcare and nursing education and research in particular.
All articles are reviewed by the Editorial Board, which will confirm that all criteria requested in these instructions have been fully met. In case any of these demands are not met, the author/s will be informed within 30 days.
All previously accepted articles will be sent to evaluators from the Scientific Committee who, following a double-blind method, will issue a report about the article, its relevance and quality. Reviewers can accept the article either in full or with suggested corrections or reject it; the reasons for these decisions must be explained in all cases. If corrections or modifications are suggested, this report will be sent to the author/s for their consideration, and a new deadline for submission will be determined.
In order to improve the article presentation, the Editorial Board will be able to conduct any formal modifications required (spelling, punctuation, translation, etc.)
Ethical and Legal Requirements
In order to guarantee the protection of persons and animals, in those studies conducted on human beings, the Method section must include the fact that they have granted their Informed Consent, and that their anonymity and data confidentiality have been observed, as well as stating that these have been conducted according to current rules and the World Medical Association and the Declaration of Helsinki (https://www.wma.net/es/policies-post/declaracion-de-helsinki-de-la-amm-principios-eticos-para-las-investigaciones-medicas-en-seres-humanos/). In case of experiments with animals, it must be stated that these have been conducted according to the procedures described by the relevant authorities. In both scenarios, it must also be stated if the studies have been approved by the Clinical Research Ethics Committee or the Research Committee of the relevant center.
The author/s must inform about any previous submissions or publications of the same article, in full or partially, that could be considered redundant or duplicate publication. It is necessary to quote and include in the new manuscript the bibliographic reference of said previous publications. If the study has been previously presented at a congress, this won’t be considered a redundant publication.
Any judgments and opinions stated in the articles will be assigned to the author/s, and the journal management, the committee members and the editorial association (ALADEFE) declines any responsibility regarding said materials. The author/s will be responsible for obtaining any required authorization to reproduce materials already published or subject to copyright. The Editorial Board and ALADEFE decline any responsibility for potential conflicts derived of the authorship of the articles published.
- Documents that must be attached to the main manuscript (Original Article; Review; Analysis Article; Letter to the Editor); these will be called “complementary files”.
The following will be complementary files:
a) Letter of Introduction, signed by the main and corresponding author, explaining that this is an unpublished manuscript, not sent to any other journal before knowing the decision by the editors of the Revista Iberoamericana de Educación e Investigación en Enfermería.
b) Statement of Responsibility of Authorship, providing the data requested and the identification and signature by all authors.
When the editorial review demands a new version of the article, the corresponding author accepts the responsibility of approval by all authors.
c) Statement of Potential Conflicts of Interest. All the authors of manuscripts submitted to the Revista Iberoamericana de Educación e Investigación en Enfermería must declare any conflicts of interest, according to the ICMJE Uniform Disclosure Form for Potential Conflicts of Interest, available at icmje.org, and report this to any external reviewers, including in the text of the manuscript all those considered relevant according to its nature.
d) Illustrations and figures (one figure per file and in JPG format, all files compressed in a single ZIP file).
e) Tables (in Word).
Document for author responsibility and copyright
TITLE OF THE MANUSCRIPT…………………………………………………………………………….
(TRANSLATED INTO SPANISH, ENGLISH AND PORTUGUESE)
PALABRAS CLAVES/KEY WORDS/ PALAVRA CHAVES OF THE ARTICLE
CATEGORY OF THE ARTICLE WITHIN THE JOURNAL
The author/s signing below hereby declare that:
- I participated in this article, and therefore authorize its publication and accept responsibility for its contents.
- This is an original article, it has not been published or currently being considered for publication by any other journal, either in printed or electronic format.
- The author/s meet all AUTHORSHIP requirements mentioned in this document.
- The Management Board is not responsible for the information in this article.
The following document must be completed by all manuscript authors. If the space below is not enough for the signatures of all the authors, photocopies of this page can be added on.
DECLARATION: I hereby certify that I have contributed directly to the intellectual contents of this manuscript, to data genesis and analysis; therefore, I am able to become publicly responsible for it, and I accept for my name to appear in the list of authors. I hereby certify that this article (or major parts of it) is unpublished and will not be sent to other journals while waiting for the decision of the editors of the Revista Iberoamericana de Educación e Investigación en Enfermería. I hereby certify that all ethical control requirements have been met.
In the “Participation column”, I will write personally all the letters of the phrases that identify my involvement in this article:
|a||Concept and design of the article||g||Provision of patients or study materials|
|b||Collection / obtention of results||h||Raising funds|
|c||Data analysis and interpretation||i||Statistical consulting|
|d||Writing the manuscript||j||Technical or administrative consulting|
|e||Critical review of the manuscript||k||Other contributions (please specify)|
|f||Approval of its final version|
Declaration of Conflict of Interests: There is no potential conflict of interests in this manuscript. If any, it would be declared in this document and/or explained in the Title Page, when identifying funding sources.
|NAME AND SIGNATURE OF EACH AUTHOR||PARTICIPATION CODES|